Finding time for yourself as business professional is not easy. But HerBusiness member Tess Brook has found a recipe for both relaxation and time management.
“I was getting my work done but not giving myself time – time for me – and for working ‘on’ the business rather than ‘in’ the business.
- 1 Mac book air (mine is 11 inch, however any laptop will suffice),
- 1 Dining room chair, and
- 1 bubble bath.”
Tess is a communication and conflict coach who runs her own company, 1st Call Consulting, out of Brisbane. As a busy female entrepreneur, she understands the struggle of having very little time for oneself. However, she says she loves listening to and watching our on-demand library of webinars – even while in the bathtub! She says she continues to listen after she gets out and is getting ready and “by the time the webinar is finished I am ready to turn my laptop off, throw it in my bag and walk out the door.”
These webinars are just one of the ways you can use online resources on the Australian Businesswomen’s Network website to become involved in our online community and continuously gain knowledge about techniques that can help you as a business professional. According to Tess’s online member profile, she’s a HerBusiness member because “it is great to be part of a network of people working on achieving the same goal of building their businesses. I have joined HerBusiness to learn from others, to network, to be inspired and hopefully to inspire others in return.” Listening to and participating in our webinars is a great way to do so.
The particular webinar that Tess listened to in her bubble bath is our BOOKED for Lunch webinar series. This lunchtime series is free and features bestselling business authors and thinkers.
BOOKED for Lunch is perfect for those who hope to broaden their knowledge on business and gain inspiration from business leaders. All you need to tune in is access to the Internet.
In fact, the episode of BOOKED for Lunch that Tess listened to her bathtub, is a personal favourite of HerBusiness CEO Suzi Dafnis.
According to Suzi, “The webinar that Tess is watching is about one of my all time favourite business books: Influence, by Dr Robert Cialdini. I read it in 1985 (yes, a long time ago!), and, in my opinion, it remains one of the most powerful books for small business owners and marketers. In fact, I hear Dr Cialdini’s book referenced more than ANY other book in conferences I’ve attended across the world. The recording of our interview with Dr Cialdini is really worth a listen to.”
HerBusiness also offers many other webinars on our On-Demand Learning page, and many are free for premium members. Some of the other titles in our library include:
- 9 Simple Steps to an Effective (and Profitable) Website: This webinar will show you how to create a website that’s more profitable for your small business. It includes some details about search engine optimisation and how to choose the right social media platforms for your business.
- Blogging Strategies for Small Business: This webinar looks at why blogging can be beneficial for your small business and how to create and monitor an effective blog.
- From Pitch to Purchase: This webinar discusses how to introduce your business to people and then how to persuade them to buy your products or services.
- Marketing on a Shoestring: This webinar provides 10 ways of marketing your brand on a budget as well as discussing marketing strategies that are important for any business.
- Networking Essentials for Business Success: This webinar discusses the importance of networking for your personal and business success. It also offers networking strategies and the greatest ways to make the most of networking opportunities.
You can listen to any of these webinars on the go while driving home from work, while getting ready in the morning, or even while in a bubble bath.