Are you tired of the solopreneur hustle and thinking about making your first hire?
The decision to go from solo to team is a big one. But, as a woman growing and scaling a business, it’s an essential part of shifting from doing everything to doing the things that matter most.
In the book Buy Back Your Time, the author suggests that EVERY hire is for you to buy back more of YOUR time. Here are some of the essential positions you need to consider filling first – and which one is the very first will depend on what is sucking up most of your time right now.
- Administrative Assistant: Managing day-to-day admin tasks can free you to focus on strategy. This may seem an indulgence but is the BEST way to get yourself out of the day-to-day.
- Marketing Support: Taking off the marketing hat lets you concentrate on core business operations. Whether it’s scheduling your social posts or writing your emails, marketing administration is a task best done by someone else so that you can stay focused on CEO work.
- Accountant/Bookkeeper: They will ensure your finances are in check, saving you headaches down the line. Even if you’re good with numbers, bookkeeping is not the highest and best use of your time as a business owner.
- Salesperson: Even if you’re not ready to have a person on sales, focus on getting people to help you automate your sales process so that you have a flow of new clients coming your way every month. If you can bring on a salesperson, they can help grow revenue while you focus on bigger-picture tasks.
- Customer Support: This role solves client issues, ensuring customer satisfaction and freeing your time. Set up the system and processes and let someone else manage customer questions.
You’re at the cusp of taking your business to the next level.
Don’t let fear hold you back; you’ve got this! Start somewhere. Hiring someone a few hours a week, a few days a month may be enough. The goal is to get into the habit of building a team around you.
Did you find this helpful? Follow us on Instagram for more business growth insights.