Some things come easy as you grow a business, and others are harder to navigate.
For example, money was a block for me in the early years.
I was a marketer, not a numbers person, and I told myself this lie for the longest time.
My partner PJ and the accountant ensured I wasn’t digging a financial hole. :-)
But it got to a point where I realised that keeping my head in the sand about my business finances kept me from really being in control of the business.
So, I started to educate myself – about income/expenses, cash flow, budgets, etc.
Now not a month goes by when I haven’t delved into our statistics and numbers so that I know how we are tracking.
And what you count, counts.
If you’re not paying attention to the numbers, things can quickly get out of hand. And if you’re not setting yourself some stretch targets for your financials, it can be very easy to get stuck in a rut.
Also, the way you think about money is essential – your mindset.
Setting prices is a topic I get asked about a lot inside the HerBusiness Network.
I hear questions like:
- How much should I charge?
- How much is too much?
What if I raise my prices and I lose customers?
- How do I ‘break it’ to customers that my prices are going up?
Price can be such a tricky issue – not only from a strategic, tactical point of view regarding how you position yourself in your market and your pricing strategy but also from a MINDSET point of view.
If it’s been a while since you put up your prices and feel nervous about it or, if you worry about how you might communicate a change in prices, what the heck you should be charging, or how you can demonstrate the value to JUSTIFY the price rise, you’re in the right place.
In this episode of the Content Sells podcast, we explore:
- Why YOU need to be sold on your offer before you can ask anyone else to buy it!
- The simple (but powerful) “2-column” exercise that can radically increase your confidence around higher pricing (and make your market want your product EVEN more!).
- The concept of “Future Gain” and why you must factor it into your pricing justification.
- How to figure out the right pricing level for you and your product.
- Why understanding your “Volume Strategy” is essential when considering your pricing.
- 5 Strategies for “painlessly” increasing your pricing.
- And much more!
Inside the HerBusiness Network, all month we’re focusing on the Money Growth Zone®. We’ve just gifted our members hundreds of dollars in training and resources to help them get stronger in the money part of their business
Inside your May Growth Guide, we’ve curated webinars to watch, templates to download, podcasts to listen to… and even some reading suggestions.
We’ve also created this BONUS “Money Growth Zone Rating” tracker to help you determine which stage you’re at with your money in your business.
Our monthly focus on essential areas of business is just one reason to join us inside the HerBusiness Network.