Juggling too many roles in your business? Time to delegate like a pro.
Delegation is the secret sauce to sustainable growth because you can’t GROW if you keep trying to do everything yourself — even if right now you’re a solopreneur.
Free up your time with these five tips:
- Prioritise: List your tasks and identify what ONLY YOU can do versus what can be delegated. Author Gay Hendricks describes this as playing in your “Zone of Genius”.
- Select the Right Person: Be sure to assign tasks to team members based on their strengths and skills. Is nobody on the team suitable? Find a contractor, supplier or freelancer.
- Delegate: ‘Delegate, don’t abdicate.” — Suzi Dafnis
- Clear Instructions: Be specific about your expectations and set clear deadlines. Your team can’t guess what you’re thinking. Make it easy for them to succeed at tasks.
- Trust but Verify: Let go but monitor progress, especially the first few times. The earlier you can make corrections, the sooner you’ll start to see reliable results.
- Feedback Loop: Establish a system for feedback both during and after task completion. Delegate, don’t abdicate.
Delegation is a skill. The more you practice, the better you’ll get, and the more your business will thrive.
Remember, you need to LET GO to GROW.
Inside the HerBusiness Network, we help women grow reliable teams that streamline their business’s operation and help them focus on the big picture instead of being pulled in 100 directions.
Join the Network if your goal is to work more ON the business than IN the business.