Do you ever feel like you’re trying to build relationships with potential clients but it’s tough to strike the right balance between being visible and not coming across as pushy?
We’ve all been there.
We’ve put together some tips to help you show up in a way that builds trust and turns those prospects into clients. It’s all about finding that sweet spot!
- Understand your purpose for showing up. Knowing why you do what you do can help you stay focused on your value to your potential clients and push you into action when you second-guess yourself. When you’re clear on your purpose, it becomes easier to communicate your message in a way that resonates with your potential clients.
- Use the resources already available to you. Take advantage of the networks and channels you already have access to, such as your newsletter or social media profiles, to show up where you’ve already made some progress. This can help you reach your potential clients in a more natural and less forced way. Additionally, if you belong to a network or industry association that allows you to make offers but haven’t yet gotten involved or attended any events, posted on their forums or gotten involved, now is an excellent opportunity to start showing up since you already have a presence and have made some initial connection.
- Be authentically you. Interacting with potential clients genuinely and authentically can help build trust and establish a meaningful connection. When you’re authentic, you’re more likely to connect with potential clients on a deeper level in a way that your competitors never could because they are not you. There’s a saying that ‘your vibe attracts your tribe’, which is definitely true when you’re working on finding more of your ideal clients.
- Offer value before asking for the sale. Instead of constantly trying to sell your products or services to a ‘cold’ audience, focus on providing helpful tips, industry insights, or assistance to your potential clients. By offering value, you’ll be able to build a stronger relationship and establish yourself as a trusted resource. This approach can help you stand out from your competition, as it shows that you’re more interested in helping your potential clients than just making a sale. And, it makes it easier for you to make an offer because you’ve already demonstrated that you can help them.
- Follow up effectively. OMG, there is so much money left on the table by business owners who do not follow up thoroughly and quickly on enquiries. Following up with potential clients is key. Your prospect had some level of interest. Otherwise, they would not have been in touch in the first place. So, don’t let the relationship go cold before you get back in touch.
The most important tip I can offer you is to start and build a relationship with your potential clients even if they are not ready to buy from you. I go deeper into this idea and offer up a few more tips (including how fear might be keeping you from showing up) in this episode of the HerBusiness podcast.
Incorporating these tips into your approach can help you show up for your potential clients in a way that builds trust, establishes you as a credible resource, and helps turn prospects into clients.
Remember that building solid relationships takes time and effort. By consistently showing up in a way that feels authentic and valuable to your potential clients, you’ll be able to create a strong foundation for your business to grow — all without feeling like you’re being salesy or pushy.
Access our bonus podcast episode: How to “Show Up” for your potential clients without looking PUSHY here.