Peta’s business Strong Healthy Women came to fruition after a bout of menopause-related health issues. Attending lecture after lecture on menopause, she was told “this is how things have to be”, so naturally she challenged that belief.
She changed her approach to exercise and diet, using trial-and-error as her method. She carried on with the mindset that eventually she would find a solution and she could share it with women who had similar problems.
Peta’s specialty is working with women who are experiencing menopause’s difficult side effects. Her ideal clients are looking to rejuvenate themselves and dedicate some time to their health and wellbeing.
What Peta Wishes She Knew When She Started:
- Get support – it’s important to have somebody who can hold you accountable and keep you on track. The decision-making process is easier when you have somebody to talk about your worries with.
- Take care of yourself – we often put the business first and forget to do things for ourselves, but taking time for you only further benefits the business.
- Know your numbers – in all senses. Know your expenses, know your pricing, and know what you’re profiting.
Peta’s Tips For Other Members:
- Believe in your own ability – whatever your “thing” is, use it to your benefit. Don’t question it, just believe in it.
- Be able to form a connection – this is crucial to develop loyalty within your customers. Without good customer relationships, your business won’t survive.
- Believe in YOURSELF – you must have the confidence that you are able to achieve success within your business.
Peta’s ideal business is one where she helps as many women as possible. She wants to truly feel she is making a difference in the lives of others. In addition, she wants the freedom to travel.
Here are Peta’s thoughts on why she enjoys running her own business:
“I really enjoy the connections I make with so many great women. I love seeing them open up and create friendship. I see their progress more than they do, and I love knowing I’m improving the quality of their lives. I like to call myself a designer of better lives.”
Peta’s favourite entrepreneur is Tammy Barton of MyBudget. She admires her strength and determination to start a business from the ground up and to get things done at such a young age in a field that is usually dominated by males.
On being a HerBusiness Premium Member, here’s what she had to say:
“When I was sitting in my home office, I felt like I was doing it all alone. Being part of HerBusiness means I am not alone. The Premium HerBusiness community gives me my own “board members” to go to when I need support and a place to run it by. They give me view points I would not have thought of and there is such a diverse and extensive range of skills and knowledge to tap into.”
Check out Peta’s website, here.
This post was authored by Allison Mullin. Allison is completing a journalism internship with HerBusiness. She studies editing, writing, and media at Florida State University in the United States.