and how could that help you sell? One of my missions in business is finding effective marketing products that won’t break your budget. Postcards are probably the cheapest form of printed marketing you can buy. They can also be one of the most rewarding, if you apply some lateral thought.
Your postcard doesn’t have to be a standard size, shape or even arrive in the mail.
It could be a:
- Gift Voucher. These are brilliant for service businesses in particular. Great for encouraging customer loyalty and referrals.
- Newsletter. For a low cost, printed newsletter that’s easy to send regularly, why not choose a giant postcard? You can post up to 240 x 130mm size postcards for standard letter rate (or even less if you send 300+ using Australia Post’s Clean Mail service).
- Invitation or Ticket. If you’re giving more to your customers and prospects by hosting an event, increase the perceived value by sending a printed invitation – and ticket. This will enhance the branding of your event, and make you more memorable.
- Bookmark. Really just a long skinny postcard. Great for promoting new products or services, and of course ideal for business authors.
- Menu. Not just for cafes and restaurants. Print a products/services menu and you’ll never again have to hear the words “I didn’t know you did that”.
- Business card. Really just the smallest marketing card you’re likely to buy. Don’t waste the valuable real estate at your disposal. Tell them what you can do for them.
Whatever guise your postcard takes…
- results will always improve with creative, customer focused content and clever design.
- always ask the recipient to do something – call, visit your website (QR codes are great for this) or visit your store.
For more ideas on creative affordable ways to market your business with print, download our free ebook at www.exciteprint.com.au/free-ebook/.