You started a business because you found something you were passionate about and wanted to create something meaningful around that work. I’ve been thinking about what makes up the heart of a business a lot recently, and thought I could share my thoughts with you, both as a business owner and as someone who spends a lot of time turning businesses upside-down and inside-out to see into all the crevices, making tweaks here and there. You are your business. All your thoughts, feelings and actions create your business. And you should be okay with that. This is what makes you YOU and YOUR BUSINESS unique. Show up everyday as YOU for the good of YOUR BUSINESS.
Here are some of my thoughts on life, running a business and how they intersect with you as the business owner:
- Life throws you curveballs. Sometimes they suck; deal with it and move on.
- Open the door; let people in. Just being there is often enough. Let it happen.
- There is always a positive. Believe, and you will see.
- Life is what you make it.
- Appreciate what you have.
- Live in the moment.
- Be true to yourself.
- You only get one shot at life. Make sure you embrace it fully.
- Stop playing small.
- Stop being comfortable.
- Take a chance.
- Don’t get stuck, push through.
- One step at a time really is all it takes.
- Don’t ever give up, regardless of how hard it gets.
- You can make a difference in the lives of those around you.
- There is always a solution.
- Live your life yourself, not through others.
- Stop dreaming about that experience; make it happen now.
- Now is where you should be. You can plan now for your future.
- If you can’t fix it, get help.
- Some things aren’t meant to be fixed. Walk away.
- Be there for others.
- Love others always.
What have you learned in running YOUR business?