Business relationships are no different to romantic relationships, according to Janet Beckers. Her new book Romance Your Tribe Online encourages readers to woo their clients as they would lovers. Janet spoke recently to the Australian Businesswomen’s Network to discuss her new book and the 5 (and a half) steps that businesses can take to make any client fall in love. Like any relationship, says Janet, the first person you have to love is yourself. In a business, an owner can’t adequately sell their product or service without first knowing and truly believing in their own worth. In this interview podcast, Janet outlines how a small business can maximise their skills and craft their identity to attract their ‘soulmate’ clients.
Listen to this herBusiness interview with Janet Beckers to learn:
- How to realise a businesses’ own specific brand and why clients want a company tailored to them
- How to identify the target audience your business should aim to attract
- How to “audit” your business and figure out what unique skills and services you offer
- How to distinguish which clients are potential buyers and which are not.
- How to change the possible clients into ideal clients
- How to develop a unique brand and language which will help distinguish a company from its competitors
- The possible benefits of joint business ventures
- The benefits of having a ‘mastermind group’ of like-minded individuals who will inspire and support you
Building a business is about relationships. Janet Becker explains how one can adapt the skills and experiences of the everyday into the business world and different corporate ventures.