It’s hard to believe, but 2015 is only a matter of days away! I’m not saying this to scare you; I’m reminding you because it’s time to do some planning to make next year the best year for your business yet! There are some key areas in your business planning that need some attention before you start welcoming in the New Year. Once you’ve strategised for the year ahead it’ll be all systems go for the New Year celebrations.
- Schedule your holidays, school holidays (if you have children), regular commitments (like Chamber of Commerce meetings) and then plan out which days you’ll devote to client meetings, admin and working on your business.
- Are you planning to launch any new products or services in your business next year? If not, should you be? Plan ahead for research, development and roll out and maximise your new launches.
- Have you reached that point where you can’t do everything in your business anymore? It might be time to outsource you bookkeeping, admin or marketing. If you already do that and are still struggling to meet deadlines, it might be time to consider hiring someone. Plan ahead to ensure you match staffing requirements with what you want to achieve in 2015.
- Have you mapped out your marketing strategy for next year? Think about where you want to see you business and work backwards to plan the steps and make it happen.
- How long has it been since you reviewed the price you charge for your product or service? If it’s been a while, now is the time to plan in new pricing to ensure you’re getting paid what you’re worth.
- Do some research about what is happening in your industry and see if there are any trends you can use to highlight what you do. For instance, does your national industry association release an annual review that you could use stats from? Or has something innovative changed the way people do business in your sector and your business fits into that development?
- How long has it been since you reviewed your website copy? And is your website mobile friendly? If it’s been a while since you checked how your business is viewed online, it’s definitely time to schedule a digital overhaul.
- Do your profit projections for 2015 mean you’ll surpass the threshold for GST? Or is it time to review your tax commitments? If yes, plan an appointment with your accountant to ensure you’re making the most of what you earn in your business.
- Are your software packages for word processing, accounting and customer management working for you, or have your needs changed over the years? There are some great cloud-based software packages available that make working from anywhere a breeze.
- Finally, set financial, marketing and personal goals for what you want to achieve by this time next year. And, plan in measurement tools so you know when you’ve hit those goals!
Now you’ve planned to smash 2015, go and celebrate what this year has been for you.