The Productivity Commission has invited the ABN to contribute to its enquiry into Paid Maternal, Paternal and Parental Leave. The issue of paid parental leave is one that is regularly raised by members, so we want to make the most of this opportunity to have your voice heard by the decision makers.
As well as the effects of paid parental leave on working women, we’re particularly interested in the opportunity to comment on the effects of paid parental leave on business – and would love to have your input on the following questions:
- For employers, do you offer paid parental leave?
- If so, what are the arrangements?
- What share of your workforce has taken parental leave?
- Do you think your firm’s leave arrangements have influenced this?
- If so, in what way?
- What has been the effect on your firm of staff taking parental leave?
- Have you been successful in getting employees to return after parental leave?
Other questions raised by the Commission relate to:
- current arrangements for parental leave
- the effect of parental leave on wellbeing
- the impacts of leave and return to work decisions on career prospects and family income and
- the best arrangements for a paid family scheme.
For a copy of the issues paper, please contact Susan Wareham McGrath on email@example.com, or call (07) 5592 3083 / 0439 908 108. Our deadline to submit our response is 2 June , so we’d appreciate receiving all comments by Wednesday 28 May.