“Always do what you’re afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson Because… “One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford What dreams, goals and aspirations lie dormant underneath a dark shroud of fear or anxiety? What would you do if you were not afraid? Some people fear failure, linking it to rejection, unworthiness or not being good enough. Some people fear success, connecting it to being judged or lack of character. There can be a myriad of other negative links to failure or success, each of which creates a subconscious neurological prison we are held captive by, often, completely unawares. Fear is a silent thief and murderer. A free radical global epidemic! It steals and kills dreams, potential and breakthrough for the greater good of humankind. It is mostly unspoken. We silently accept, bound by shame, that we are not good enough and therefore, we don’t. We don’t attempt our dreams, the fulfilment of our hearts desires. We don’t achieve breakthrough discoveries or share our beauty and talent making the world a better place, simply because we ask the question “who am I?”; “Who am I to write a book, break a record, stand out, sing, dance, be funny talented or brilliant?” We compare ourselves with the super women around us, never suspecting they too are, or have been, incarcerated by the same lies. It stokes the fire of anger within me, crosses the line of injustice! I see you! I can see your talent, brilliance, unique sparkle and I rage against the lies that hold us captive. I know you can do it! ‘Twas for that very purpose you were created, and I know you feel it too! So let’s rise together, united against the “False Evidence Appearing Real.” It is a lie we don’t need to swallow any more! There are some who have broken free already, realised the truth and stepped out of the smoke and mirrors they once saw as bars. They blaze a trail for us to follow, living proof we can do it too. Regardless of the trials they faced, uncharted waters or negative words spoken over them. They stepped up and stepped out. Giving this world the gift of their true selves, and we can do it too.
“Only Believe.” – Jesus, one of the most powerful commands ever, has spoken. “All things are possible to those who believe.”– Mark 9:23
Give yourself permission to believe in yourself, to do what you were born to do.
- Get started – NOW! – if you do just 1 thing each day no matter how small it is, an email, research one phone call, that is 365 things closer to your dream by the end of the year!
- Get a mentor. Someone who has trodden a similar path. If you can’t personally engage them, read their books. This is the age of information.
- Educate yourself – online or face to face
- The key to unlock your neurological prison: ask yourself the question, “What would I have to believe in order to succeed?”
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I use to have a saying “Do it afraid.” Then I changed it to “Do it in Faith!” Whatever level you’re at, to quote Nike, “Just do it!” I know you can!