The perfect spring clean to be ready for work and school.
The car is often the second office, as well as keeper of all sports gear, spare shoes and school notes, yet even as in many cases – one of your most expensive purchases, it is often neglected.
Here is a quick spring clean for the car to get it ready to be your perfect office manager:
- Open all the doors and remove everything from the car, including the boot, glove box and console.
- Get the car spider proof for spring. Huntsman love cars as they are warm and dry, however dislike the scent of lemon! Rub some lemon oil (essential lemon oil, not synthetic) onto a cloth and wipe down all of the rubber door seals of your car. Open the doors wind down the windows and go around all of the edges.
- Make a car freshener using a little lemon peel, (do not use the lemon flesh) a little lemon oil and some cloves. The car will smell delicious and the cloves will keep the moths away as well. Pop one into the boot as well.
- The glove box needs your logbook and a pack of baby nappy bags. They are small and perfect to pull out at the end of the day to collect rubbish and scrap.
- Keep a few reusable shopping bags in the boot. Use these to store loose items like sports gear, spare shoes and work related items
- Keep a notebook and pen in the console. Perfect to jot down notes when waiting for a meeting or early for an appointment.
- Keep an emergency kit in the boot – if you drive for work it is compulsory, but also great to have if something goes wrong.
- Keep some wet hand wipes in the car for spill clean-ups and last minute outfit tidying. “Sticky fingers” is the brand we recommend – removes food from clothes, grease from fingers and baby vomit from shoulders.
- Everything — and I mean everything — else belongs in a shopping bag in the boot. In the event of an accident, everything in your car becomes a projectile object. Imagine if you are drinking water and have an accident. Your airbags deploy at 320km/ph. What do you think that bottle will do to your face?
- Remember when driving to open the windows. Nothing beats fresh spring air. However, as the warmer months roll around the air-conditioning will be used. This is the perfect time to get the air-conditioning in your car re-gassed. It is a breeding ground for bacteria and a re-gas will have it pumping cold air all summer long!
And the above exercise will burn between 30-40 calories!
Find more tips on our YouTube channel, by subscribing to our weekly newsletter or by joining us in one of our workshops!
Happy and safe cruising this Spring and Summer.