Marcia Griffin knows what it takes to run a successful business. She is the founder and owner of Griffin Row a cosmetics company dedicated to simple, affordable and natural products targeting anti-ageing. Through her many years of business experience she has developed core success strategies that create a great business. In this herBusiness Podcast interview with the Australian Businesswomen’s Network, Marcia shares her philosophy, as well as the business books that have contributed to her success. Marcia believes that at the heart of a good business is an excellent quality product or service, offered at a good price. She says “It’s not worth being in business without it.” When it comes to management, Marcia believes more emphasis needs to be placed on the hiring employees with the right attitude, as “technical skills can be taught,” attitude can’t.
Listen to this herBusiness interview with Marcia Griffin to learn:
- Why a quality product or service is fundamental.
- The signs of quality customer service (and signs that you’ve ‘missed the mark’)
- How we can meaningfully demonstrate customer service
- The mistakes business owners make when it comes to people management
- An effective approach to system management
- Marcia’s favourite business books and what they have taught her
- The value Marcia places on ongoing education