Click here to download this episode. It is possible to build a business around doing something you love. In fact, new media has opened opportunities to reach more neatly defined audiences and establish authority in a chosen field, virtually for free. Learn how to leverage your business through social media microDomination in this Social Media for Small Business podcast, with Trevor Young, aka the PR Warrior. With every progression in online media, new ‘breeds’ of users have emerged, who have used the Internet in different ways, from bloggers to Youtube stars to Twitter giants. Now there’s a new kid on the block, the ‘micro mavens’: creative entrepreneurs who use social networking and online platforms to build a global, personal brand and business. Online platforms allow any user to create content, which establishes their authority and reputation in their chosen field, virtually for free.
Listen to this Social Media for Small Business interview with Trevor Young to learn:
- What microDomination means on social media
- The key qualities of ‘micro mavens’
- How social media has changed the game of personal branding
- Which business brands are doing social media well
- Examples and case studies
- The importance of being in control of your own ‘home base’
- The benefits of blending offline interaction with online activity
- What you need to build a successful online platform and be heard
Mentioned in episode:
- Predictions for Facebook Advertising in 2014
- Facebook Admits Organic Reach Is Falling Short, Urges Marketers to Buy Ads
- Double Your Traffic in 30 Days
- 22 Social Media Facts and Statistics You Should Know in 2014
This post was co-authored by Christina Guo. She is a Media & Communications/Law student at the University of Sydney by day and blogs, draws and photographs by night. She is completing a social media internship at the Australian Businesswomen’s Network.