OzHarvest was founded in November 2004 when events organiser, Ronni Kahn, stunned by the amount of food wasted by the hospitality industry, decided to do something about it. Using her event management skills, Ronni was able to reduce food waste and produce a beneficial result for Sydney’s hungry. In its first month, OzHarvest delivered 4000 meals to 14 shelters using one van. OzHarvest now delivers around 125,000 meals each month to 195 charities in Sydney, Wollongong and Canberra with its fleet of six vans. Since its inception, over 5.3 million meals have been delivered to those in need.
In this interview, Ronni Kahn tells us:
- How she took her event management skills to relationship management and the production of a valuable outcome for Sydney’s hungry.
- The role of corporate social responsibility
- How being awarded Australian of the Year Local Hero has impacted OzHarvest
- The business lessons she has learned in her years in business
- The role of passion in business success
Enjoy this interview with Ronni Kahn.