Dana Brunetti produced Captain Phillips, The Social Network and the popular Netflix series, House of Cards series. House of Cards was the first series made specifically for online distribution and the first series to be made available in it’s entirety (at the start of ots third season).
In this video Cat Matson amend Suzi Dafnis discuss the top business tips they took away from Brunetti’s presentation at the South by South West Interactive conference in Austin.
Watch to hear:
- Why the release of House of Cards series (made just for Netflix) was a game changer for television shows and digital programming
- The future of digital distribution
- The marriage of creative and technology
- How an actor’s social network presence could determine the roles he/she is offered
- The role Crowdfunding is playing in the development of new projects
- The idea that your audience has an audience changes how we think about content distribution
One of the great lines from the presentation was that: “Your audience now has an audience.” which speaks to the great potential to have content shared and then re-shared and the power of connected networks.
“Traditional producers need to be up on technological changes and what is going on in Silicone Valley – to understand where digital media is going. The same has to be said for business owners when it comes to both distribution and innovation in technology and the opportunities we now have available to us.” – Suzi Dafnis