“I’m dedicated to helping women grow a meaningful business they love, and use their gifts to create more flexibility and freedom and a bigger impact in people’s lives.”
In 2004, Kat Millar of Amplify Your Influence was working as a Personal Trainer in a gym in New Zealand and was struggling. Kat was so stressed because she had just left her safe, secure nine-to-five job. And had no marketing or sales skills.
After attending a business convention where a speaker shared the power of communicating your value, Kat realised that if she didn’t learn how to do this, she would always be fearful about how to build a sustainable business.
In 2012, Kat moved to Sydney and needed to start her business again from scratch. So she made a decision to invest in a business program to help create a solid strategy to attract clients fast. During that time, Kat discovered that many coaches and experts struggle to attract and sign up clients consistently because they don’t have a formula to do it.
Now, at Amplify Your Influence, Kat helps female coaches and service-based business owners to get booked out with aligned clients through her client attraction accelerator program. Kat offers online workshops, mentoring, and group coaching.
Kat says “I’m dedicated to helping women grow a meaningful business they love, and use their gifts to create more flexibility and freedom and a bigger impact in people’s lives.”
Kat loves being part of the HerBusiness Network because of the insider tips from Suzi, and the support of other women business owners.
She loves attending the monthly Roundtables, where HerBusiness Network members work through Brainstorming Sessions, get great ideas and meet amazing women.
Kat is currently in her third year as a member and absolutely loves it!
When not working hard to help other coaches to use their unique gifts to make a meaningful difference and get paid well for it, Kat is a lover of health and fitness, personal development, music and dancing.
Who’s your favourite entrepreneur and why?
My favourite entrepreneur is currently Brooke Castillo. She’s an incredible visionary leader and an example of possibility. She inspires people to think bigger and do the inner work to evolve into our best version.
She has a podcast called ‘The Life Coach School’ and has given me so much hope about what is possible for me and the women I work with.
Why did you start your business and what gave you the idea?
In 2004, I was working as a Personal Trainer in a gym in NZ and I was struggling. I was so stressed because I had just left my safe, secure 9-5 job. And I had no marketing or sales skills. I was working really hard to grow my business, because I was determined not to go back to the boring job that I’d come from.
One day I went to a business convention where a speaker on stage shared the power of communicating your value. I had no idea where to start, but I realised that if I didn’t learn how to do this, I would always be fearful about how to build a sustainable business.
In 2012, I moved to Sydney. I didn’t know many people here and I had no job, so I needed to start my business again from scratch. So I made a decision to invest in a business program as soon as I could to help me create a solid strategy to attract clients fast. I learned how to quickly build my client base until I was booked out with clients.
During that time, I discovered there is a major problem that many coaches and experts have. They struggle to attract and sign up clients consistently because they don’t have a formula to do it. People started asking me how I did it. So I decided to run a workshop in Bondi Junction to teach what I’d learned. I continued refining my processes and creating frameworks, formulas and systems to help coaches to get booked out with clients.
Since then, I’ve helped hundreds of business owners to grow a profitable business doing what they love. I’ve dedicated my life to helping coaches and experts to transform their business so they can help more people and make a big difference and a meaningful impact in people’s lives, including their own.
What do you enjoy most about running your own business?
- Helping wonderful women every day
- Seeing the impact it makes for them to get fast solutions to their problems
- The freedom and flexibility of working from home
- Building assets that set up my future and developing my skills
- Being able to have consistent creative ideas and seeing them come to life
- Build a lasting business that helps thousands of people
What three pieces of advice do you wish you’d been given when you started?
- Hire an experienced mentor who has done what you want to do and learn everything you can
- Surround yourself with a quality, supportive community that will support you to achieve your goals
- Stay focused on the activities that will make the biggest difference in growing your business
What advice would YOU give someone thinking about starting a business?
- Believe in Yourself and Back Yourself – It took a massive leap of faith to leave a stable job with a steady income and work for myself. It’s not easy to let go of certainty and comfort, but I’m so grateful to myself for doing it and to have been given the advice to do what you love.
- Get Help ASAP – The fastest way to succeed is to spend time with people who have done what you want to do. The quicker you get a mentor, the better. It will save you so much time and money in the long-run.
- Focus on Service – If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want. Genuinely care about people and do whatever it takes to provide great value.
- Invest in Your Business – You can’t be scared to put money into your business. If you don’t invest, you won’t grow.
- Do the Things You’ve Been Avoiding – THAT is where the magic happens!
What skills and knowledge areas would you recommend those starting out in business get acquainted with quickly?
- Influence – It’s so important that we’re able to help people to overcome any limitations they have and inspire them to take action to invest in themselves
- Compelling Content – Without the skill of being able to create compelling content, it’s incredibly hard to get clients consistently. With it…
- You stand out from others
- You massively leverage your time
- The right people want to work with you
- Presenting – Being able to confidently present to camera RAPIDLY speeds up the process of moving people from strangers to clients. People want to get to know you more, and in order to trust you, being able to present well means people connect with you faster
What does your IDEAL business look like? Even if you’re not there yet, what would it look like if your business was ideal?
- My ideal business helps thousands of business owners every year to make a significant impact in the world.
- I have an incredible team and run high-end masterminds and an online membership.
- We run consistent online events and have smooth, streamlined systems.
- We have coaches working for us that are making a huge difference in people’s lives.
- We contribute a significant part of our profit to the causes we care about.
What problem does being a Member of the HerBusiness Network solve for you and your business? And, how?
I love being part of the HerBusiness Network because of the insider tips from Suzi with her many years of expertise, and the support of other business owners.
I love the roundtables to work through issues where I’m stuck and get great ideas and meet amazing women.
I’m currently in my 3rd year of being part of the Network and absolutely love it!
Learn more about Kat and Amplify Your Influence.