“I am driven to leave this world a better place and I want to help women not go down the burnout road like I did in the past.”
As a naturopath, aromatherapist, and author of 14 books, Jennifer Jefferies is committed to helping people understand the power of “living from a place of prevention.” For the last twenty years, Jennifer has travelled the world, delivering lectures that help people adopt healthy life hacks to promote their physical and emotional wellbeing.
Through her Present Day Wise Woman Online Mentoring Program, Jennifer supports women who are in search of something more out of life. For those who are currently experiencing burnout, or wish to prevent it, Jennifer offers support that helps others live their “rockstar life.”
Who’s your favourite entrepreneur and why?
I have an equal tie. Sir Richard Branson and Elon Musk.
Their visions to go above and beyond on every level AND to be comfortably uncomfortable as they “disrupt” the norm inspires me.
What do you enjoy most about running your own business?
That I can travel the world, while running my profitable business and helping other people.
What three pieces of advice do you wish you’d been given when you started?
- You can do this Jen and it does not have to be a struggle.
- You go further and faster if you ask for help and then let those help you.
- Life is limitless. I can create as big and cool life and business as I choose.
What advice would YOU give someone thinking about starting a business?
- Listen and implement what you ask mentors for help with. Putting your own spin on it generally slows you down.
- Give it a crack. Never die wondering “what if”
What skills and knowledge areas would you recommend those starting out in business get acquainted with quickly?
- Personal growth as we can only grow our business to the extent that we grow ourselves.
- Implementing Systems so that your business can grow.
- Remember to look after you. its way too easy to burnout as you build. So always factor in self care.
What does your IDEAL business look like? Even if you’re not there yet.
I travel the world helping others live from a place of prevention so that they live their “rockstar” life, while running my business profitably and building my passion for philanthropy.
Oh yeah and surfing the worlds most fun waves as I travel.
What problem does being a Member of the HerBusiness Network solve for you and your business? And, how?
To be surrounded by like minded business women helps me stay in my growth zone as I learn the skills to take my business to the next levels.