Tammy Rose-Townsend spends her days bustling between home schooling, raising her five children and building online businesses through social media and blogging.
Tammy is the Operations Manager and Blogging Coach at SassyDirect, an online directory that allows clients to find direct sales and home based business consultants.
Tammy shows how one spark of an idea can turn into a business very quickly.
What Tammy enjoys most about running her business:
“I love being my own boss.”
Tammy enjoys helping her clients; watching them apply what they’ve learned and seeing them succeed.
What Tammy wishes she knew when she started:
1. Don’t be afraid to ASK for help
2. There will be people who are better at doing things, get them to HELP YOU
3. BALANCE business and personal life – it doesn’t have to be “all or nothing”
Tammy’s advice to potential business owners:
- “Go for it.”- There is always room for more businesses and more people.
- Connect – get new ideas and perspectives from other people in business
- Don’t be afraid that you have nothing to offer because you are new.
Tammy’s ideal business is not far from her reach. If it were perfect Tammy would only be working three days a week with more help and more freedom.
“Work Less, Make More.”
Tammy’s favourite entrepreneur is Marie Forleo. She admires how Marie has established her online presence and spreads her message through multiple avenues and platforms.
As a member of the HerBusiness Network, Tammy looks forward to networking, learning from others and gaining ideas to grow the business and her profile in Australia.
This post was authored by Hannah Stanley. Hannah is completing a journalism internship at HerBusiness. She studies journalism and electronic media at the University of Tennessee in the United States.