Jayne Day had been helping friends and business owners with online marketing as a hobby when, on one occasion, a friend suggested she do it full time.
She ran with the idea and set up “Webonize”, an SEO and Social Media creative services agency. Having established a successful online retail business, Jayne built Webonize from the ground-up over 5 years, into a profitable business and uses this knowledge and experience to assist other businesses.
Helping people and being able to make a difference in their business has been the driving force for Jayne. Webonize offers a wide range of services such as online marketing, SEO and design work
Who’s your favourite entrepreneur and why?
“It is hard to narrow it down to just one but Marie Forleo is at the top of the list. I love how Marie’s personality and true self shines through in her marketing. She is inspiring and down to earth at the same time.”
What do you enjoy most about running your own business?
“I love the freedom of running my own business. While it is hard work and I do work a lot of hours, I love that fact that I have the flexibility to take a few hours off and shuffle my work hours around when I need or want to. I also love the fact that I benefit from the work I put into the business.”
What two pieces of advice do you wish you’d been given when you started?
- Your mindset is crucial to your success. You need to work on yourself and your mindset and this will be more important than any practical business training when it comes to being successful.
- Create systems when you first start out as if you already have a successful business. It is much easier to handle the growing pains of your business if you already have the systems and correct structure in place to accommodate that growth when it happens.
What advice would YOU give someone thinking about starting a business?
Be prepared to work hard in the beginning and don’t let fear stop you. The hard work and challenges you will face will be tough but it will be so rewarding. Don’t give up, if something isn’t working, change your strategy but don’t give up on your vision. You’ve got this!!
What skills and knowledge areas would you recommend those starting out in business get acquainted with quickly?
- Mindset – so that you don’t sabotage your own success
- Online Marketing – essential to running a business now
- Sales – no matter what industry you are in you need to be comfortable with selling
- Basic Bookkeeping – know how to track you figures as a successful business is one that is turning over a profit
What does your IDEAL business look like? Even if you’re not there yet, what would it look like if your business was ideal?
“My business is pretty close to ideal. I love the work I do and the clients I work with. I would like to leverage my time more so that I can have a bigger impact, to have the capacity to work with more women in business and help more achieve their own dreams.”
What problem does being a Member of the HerBusiness Network solve for you and your business? And, how?
“Being a HerBusiness member has enabled me to network and meet other like-minded women. Having a support team behind you and knowing others are going through or have been through similar challenges makes us feel less alone when running our own business”