Corona Brady was the girl who grew up to be a woman unconsciously pursuing a masculine-brand of strength.
After being trapped in the corporate world for over 12 years, searching for an escape, adrenal exhaustion and complete burnout left Corona with the decision to reassess her life.
As the Founder and CEO of Energy for Life Academy, Corona now takes busy professional women from burnout and overwhelm to energetic joyful lives in 8 weeks or less.
“I really thrive on inspiring, teaching, coaching, guiding, and motivating women by sharing my years of training, experience, and personal battles. I want to help them on their journey towards blissful balance.”
What Corona enjoys most about running her business:
“I love being of service. It’s my life now, and I’m so grateful for it. I love seeing how surprised my clients are when they make amazing transformational life changes. I’m just grateful to be the catalyst for their change.”
What Corona Wishes She Knew When She Started
- Manage your time wisely – you can’t say ‘yes’ to everything. Decide on the opportunities that align with your goals.
- Outsource everything you can (especially the tasks that are not your area of expertise).
- Keep building relationship – with your customers and competitors, view them as potential collaborators and partners.
Corona’s Advice to Potential Business Owners
- Hire a mentor – it will be the best investment for your business
- Not everyone is made for business, but it’s the most rewarding place for personal growth.
- Rather than starting your business with what you can sell, think of what problem your business will solve
Skills Corona Recommends for those Starting Out in Business:
- Communication skills – speaking, listening, and writing
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Leadership, management, and basic accounting skills
- Ability to wear multiple hats
Corona’s ideal business is a bigger team supporting her with administrative tasks as her business expands. She hopes to establish an international presence and manage international retreats in the near future
A problem that being a HerBusiness Network Member has solved for Corona:
“Being part of HerBusiness network has solved the problem of isolation and feeling alone for me. As my business is online and I work alone from home, it’s really nice to feel that I am part of a like-minded group of women that have my back and I can bounce ideas off. It’s also helping to be seen more and it’s supporting me to network with likeminded women in business.”
Corona’s favourite entrepreneur is Richard Branson. She admires his joyful spirit and contagious smile. Deciding not to pursue a university degree didn’t stop him from becoming one of the most successful businessmen in the world. “He reminds me of what is truly possible,” she said.
This post was authored by Hannah Stanley. Hannah is completing a journalism internship at HerBusiness. She studies journalism and electronic media at the University of Tennessee in the United States.