While many hesitate to jump into the field of technology and marketing automation, Wendy Coombes just “gets it”. Having a wealth of knowledge in the subject and the patience to make the pieces fit together, she started Brite Kite Marketing, a company that specialises in teaching clients how to attract customers through digital channels. She took her business further with its recent rebranding to www.wendycoombes.com.
Wendy works with a variety of clients and companies, however, most are in the wellness sector. She helps her clients develop strategies on how to attract people to their websites through lead magnets and nurture them into becoming customers.
This is what Wendy had to say about running her own business:
“I love the fact that I can be in charge of my own destiny. If I want to change course, I can take my business in the direction I want rather than seeking approval from another person. There’s nothing like having the freedom to do what I feel is best.”
What Wendy Wishes She Knew Before Starting Her Own Business:
- Don’t be afraid of selling – if your business can help somebody with a problem, don’t focus so much on coming across as “too sales-y”. Make your offer so good that the sale is just the by-product.
- Learn the ins and outs of your finances – it’s important to understand how to manage cash flow in order to maintain a profitable business.
- Know your ideal client – this means having a grasp on who is good for you to work with and who is not. Working with the wrong clients can be detrimental to your business.
Wendy’s Top Three Tips for Other Business Owners:
- Understand how to calculate that what you provide is actually profitable – having a grip on financial terminology is important to having a successful business
- Do not be afraid to ask for help – you don’t have to do it all by yourself. Remember, none of us are experts in everything
- Know when to say no – don’t waste your time and energy on opportunities that aren’t going to benefit you and your business
Wendy’s thoughts on her area of expertise and how her business benefits others:
“I understand how marketing automation works and I think that’s where I best help people. I show people how to bring the mechanics together. I help others put things on autopilot so they are able to grow their business.”
This post was authored by Allison Mullin. Allison is completing a journal internship with HerBusiness. She studies editing, writing, and media at Florida State University in the United States.