Getting marketing messages right is a fine art. What if there were a few small changes you could make, tiny changes even, that could drastically improve the profit on your next marketing project?
Research suggests that the key difference to the results you get can depend on how you present information before you get to your real sales pitch. Dr Robert Cialdini, the world’s expert on influence and persuasion calls this Pre-Suasion.
Pre-suasion involves the process of arranging for people to move in the direction of the message that we’re going to send them before they experience that message.
When asking customers to try a new product, asking a question a particular way.
In another example, the use of specific symbols in an email produced FIVE TIMES as many sales as ones without. Two images on a website when tested against one another, with nothing else changed, netted TOTALLY different results.
These aren’t random incidents. They’re actually the result of the deliberate use of Pre-Suasion. Now you can learn how to use Pre-Suasion to increase conversion rates in your own business.
In this podcast interview with the world’s expert on influence and persuasion, Robert Cialdini, you’ll learn how to structure information to guide customers’ attention so they buy more often. And, how to ethically influence them to buy more expensive items than they had planned to buy from you.
Listen to this podcast episode with Suzi Dafnis and Dr Robert Cialdini to discover:
- What are the six influence principles and how they make your marketing more persuasive
- How to guide people to move in the direction of the message that we’re going to send, before they experience that message (ie. what to do before asking for the sale)
- Why you should ask for your customers’ advice rather than their opinions
- How small changes to a landing page can steer customers in a particular direction
- Which one tiny change to an email subject line made a 5-fold increase in sales
- How to use the principles of authority and social proof to boost sales conversions
- Where to place testimonials on your website for best results