There’s a strategy we have long loved and wanted to cover on the show… and that strategy is all about how you can boost your authority, grow your audience and own the space by publishing a report.
Now, what do we mean by a report…
Well, the dictionary defines a report as: An account given of a particular matter, especially in the form of an official document, after thorough investigation or consideration by an appointed person or body.
And that’s a pretty good definition for what we’re talking about.
In this instance YOU are the appointed body! Yes, you are appointing yourself as the creator of a report!
And that immediately goes to helping your credibility.
Plus reports can be incredibly newsworthy. Meaning you could pick up some PR – whether that’s in mainstream media or in your own market niche related media AND they can work really well as a lead magnet to grow your list and attract new prospects to your business.
In this episode, your hosts, Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon, share their top tips for creating and publishing a report (and how to use that report to get noticed, grow your list and build your profile as an authority in your space).
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- The simple format question that will elevate your report to “authority” status.
- How to use a report to get invited onto podcasts and get more speaking opportunities.
- Why adding a “Step 2” to your report could supercharge your results with one simple additional page in your funnel.
- Why you don’t want to wait for people to consume your report to invite them to the “next” step with you.
- How to gain momentum by publishing a report on a regular basis (and which is better? Quarterly, Bi-Annually or Annually?).
- The one thing you MUST include in your report content.
- And much more!
Also Mentioned in This Episode:
- HerBusiness Marketing Success Mastermind
- The REACH Retreat in Hawaii
- Content Sells Facebook Page
- Episode 11 – Step 2 Secret
- Episode 45 – Content Marketing Trends with Joe Pulizzi
- Episode 202 – The Features Trap
- Episode 207 – How AI is Changing the Marketing Game for Small Business Owners
- Content Marketing Institute
- Susan Bell Research
- Jacki Short – Sydney Centre for Creative Change