2017 Hall of Fame Inductee
Non Destructive Excavations Australia Pty Ltd
Founder and Managing Director
About Me - My Biography
Kim Liddell hails from humble beginnings in South Australia. She left home at 20 to join the STS Young Endeavour on her highly contested World Voyage, earning her a Medallion of the Order of Australia for her contribution to youth leadership.
Today, 20 years later, she owns and operates Non Destructive Excavations Australia, a leader in the field of subterranean safety. Kim has single-handedly founded and grown the company over the last decade. She is a thought leader in civil construction and sustainability, with a special focus on slurry recycling. Non Destructive Excavation Australia has been leading the non destructive hydro vacuum excavation industry for most of the last decade. The Sydney-based business specialises in handling service locating, non-destructive vacuum and hydro excavation works.
Kim is a dedicated mum of three. She is also a member and coach for the Sydney Chapter of the Entrepreneurs Organisation, which changed her life and her business by providing a brilliant support structure of like-minded people. In 2016, Kim was a finalist for the Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
Strategies for Success
- Success is a staircase, not a doorway – There is no such thing as overnight success. Success takes creativity, determination, resilience and persistence.
- If business and entrepreneurship were easy, everyone would do it – “Life (and business) is not about waiting for the storms to pass … it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
- Be true to who you are – Be passionate about what you do. Be authentic.
- Surround yourself with experts – in the areas where you need a boost.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again – Test, measure, evaluate, repeat.