Mentors have played a vital role in the achievements of many thriving businesswomen and can also greatly support the growth and success of your own business.
In this episode of the HerBusiness podcast, we dive into the topic of mentoring and how to find the right mentor for your business situation.
Listen to Discover:
- Mentor or Coach – Who Do You Need?: Learn the critical differences and make the right choice for your business.
- How the right mentor can transform your approach to scaling your business and managing key transitions.
- How a mentor from a completely different field can open up innovative pathways and solutions for your business.
- The truth about investing in mentorship and how to gauge what’s right for your business’s financial health.
- Debunk common myths about mentorship and learn how to find a mentor who truly complements your business vision and personal growth.
Here is a Summary of the 8 tips Provided in this Episode:
- Understand the Difference Between a Mentor and a Coach: Recognise that a mentor offers guidance based on personal experience, whereas a coach focuses on task completion and accountability.
- Identifying the Need for a Mentor: A mentor can help you focus on big-picture strategies. Assess if you are spending more time working IN your business rather than ON it.
- Seek a Mentor with a Proven Track Record: Look for someone who has achieved results in the areas where you need help.
- Consider the Cost: Determine whether a paid or volunteer mentor fits your budget and needs.
- Industry Experience Isn’t Always Necessary: A mentor from a different industry can offer fresh perspectives and innovative solutions.
- Avoid Controlling Personalities: Choose a mentor who facilitates decision-making rather than directing it.
- Network and Spread the Word: Utilise your network to find potential mentors.
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring as a Starting Point: Consider joining groups like HerBusiness Network for peer-to-peer mentoring opportunities.
Mentoring can be a transformative experience for business owners at any stage. Whether you’re starting out or looking to scale, the right mentor can provide the insights and guidance needed to navigate challenges and seize opportunities. They can also give you that boost in confidence to take risks that will support your development.
Want to try out our successful peer-to-peer mentoring accountability groups?
Join us inside the HerBusiness Network and get FREE access to the HerBusiness Growth Groups. Here, you can foster deeper connections, receive encouragement, and benefit from peer mentorship that helps you stay accountable towards your business goals. A $2,640 value – yours FREE when you join the HerBusiness Network.
Stay In Touch
Thank you for tuning in to the HerBusiness podcast. If you found value in today’s episode, please share the show with a friend or colleague. And, subscribe, rate, and review our podcast to help us reach more women entrepreneurs like you.
Mentioned in this Episode: