When you’re doing a lot of NEW things in your business it can be really taxing. So, while we do want to keep innovating and growing, it’s also important to realise the COST of doing something new.
In this episode, your hosts, Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon weigh up when it makes sense to do something new and when we might just be chasing the next “bright shiny” and actually need to double down on “rinsing and repeating” what we’re ALREADY doing instead.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- How to evaluate Opportunity Cost and why being opportunistic can actually be costing you more than it’s gaining you
- How to decide when to add a new promotion to your annual calendar (and get our rule of thumb on the percentage of new vs rinse and repeat you want in your marketing calendar!)
- Why “tweaking” instead of “starting new” can actually be your highest leverage point
- Why we forget about the ripple effect of changes and how that can come back around to bite us in the you-know-what!
- The difference between blind repetition and strategic iteration (and why it matters!)
- And much more!
Also mentioned in this episode: