There are going to be times when an interview is the PERFECT format for you to capture AWESOME content.
Whether it’s interviewing customers for a case study, or speakers at your next event, or you’re interviewing authors and other experts as content for your community… there is definitely an art to getting the most out of the person you’re interviewing and crafting an amazing interview.
So in this episode, we’re giving you a few key tips we’ve gained from having a combined 40 years experience interviewing people to help YOU become an Amazing Interviewer.
Because while the environment you’re in or the person you’re interviewing might change, YOU are the only constant – so if you can hone your interviewing skills you can really make a big difference to the quality of the content you get.
PLUS we have a FREE BONUS DOWNLOAD for you!
This episodes bonus for you is a free download all about one of the most important interviews you can do – and that’s to interview your client avatar.
Go here to get your FREE Client Avatar Interview Guide where you’ll also find the podcast episode all about how to interview your clients.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- Key lessons you can learn from Oprah’s interview style
- Suzi’s tips for doing your research (it makes all the difference)
- Why “noticing something” can be your secret weapon when it comes to getting an interview with a difference
- How to know when to ask an “open-ended” question and when to ask a “closed-ended” question
- How to take back control of an interview that goes sideways
- One thing Michelle discovered that completely changed her interview style
- The “annoying” thing many new interviewers do and how to easily avoid it
- Two things you can do to instantly get your interview subject “present” to your interview
- Top tips for when you are the on-camera interviewer
- The one HUGE mistake when you plan on editing out your questions and relying solely on your interview subject’s responses (this can make or break your interview!)
- Why you don’t need to be afraid to go “off script”
Also mentioned in this episode:
- South By South West event
- Booked For Lunch
- Scott Stratten – UnSelling: the New Customer Experience
- Krista Tippett – On Being
- Content Sells Episode 67 – Client Avatar Interviews – Why You Need Them and How To Do Them
- Content Sells Episode 20 – How To Get Awesome Client Stories, Case Studies and Testimonials
- “Ask” by Ryan Levesque
- Content Sells Episode 31 with Ryan Levesque