Today, we’re talking about how important it is to have an ideal client avatar and specifically, the importance of doing one-to-one interviews with people who represent your ideal client.
Doing real-life interviews with people who represent your ideal client avatar might sound weird, scary or intimidating at first… But once you listen to this episode, you will know WHY they’re so crucial (hint: interviews allow you to go DEEP with your understanding of who you serve, how they feel and what their secret issues). You’ll also know HOW to do them and… We’re guessing you might even feel a tiny bit EXCITED to get started.
We’ll give you some tips around:
- How to prepare for the interview (including how to find the right people to interview)
- What to do and say during the interview, itself and;
- What you want to do with the precious interview information once you have it
Included in this episode is a SPECIAL GIFT FOR YOU!
The Client Avatar Interview Guide is a summary of the key tips we cover on this episode, plus a few more we won’t have time to talk about… and a full list of suggested questions you can ask or you can use as inspiration when crafting your own questions… this is ABSOLUTE GOLD!
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- Why we think this is one of THE most important things you can be doing in your business right now (seriously!)
- How to deal with “the resistance” doing these interviews can bring up
- How one “resistant” student of ours became a total convert to doing interviews and has revolutionised her business as a result
- What technology to use when doing and recording the interviews
- How many interviews do you need to do to start with (we’ll tell you!)
- How to get a shortlist of IDEAL interview candidates
- What to do if you don’t yet have any clients to interview (or your current clients AREN’T your IDEAL clients)
- The exact script Michelle uses when reaching out to people for an interview
- If you’re thinking “Hmmm… Does that apply to me? I’m a B2B?” The answer is YES! Find out what extra questions you want to ask if you are in a B2B Business
- How to prepare your mindset for the interview
- The big “no-no” you want to avoid committing during the interview
- Why you want to record your interviews (and how to ask for permission)
- How the “curse of knowledge” is keeping you from creating awesome content that sells and why your client interviews can “break the curse”
- What the “imaginative leap” is and why you want to take it!
- How “open-ended questions” will suddenly unlock the treasure in your ideal client’s interview responses
- The 5 key areas you want to make sure you cover when asking your questions
- Why you’ve got this and you will be AWESOME at doing client interviews!
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Skype Call Recorder
- Zoom online conferencing software
- Google Hangouts
- Apple iPhone Voice Memos app
- REV recording app and transcription service
- TRINT computerised transcription service
- Temi computerised transcription service
- Free Word Cloud Generator
- Content Sells Episode 2 – Your Ideal Client
- Content Sells Episode 4 – Finding Your Marketing Mountain