In this herBusiness podcast, Cas McCullough, author of Your Brilliant Un-Career: Women, Entrepreneurship, and Making the Leap, shares her advice on how to overcome the barriers in business that many women face.
Cas wrote her book after attending a talk and revealing personal information about herself. There she found that she was not the only woman in business who felt “fundamentally flawed” and that she hadn’t lived up to her own potential. She walked away from the experience determined to make a difference in the lives of other women business owners.
In Your Brilliant Un-Career, Cas writes about making the leap into entrepreneurship and introduces modern marketing principles as well as speaking about the importance of believing in your self and overcoming barriers to business success.
In this podcast, she goes into detail about these topics in her book, and why it’s so important to overcome these barriers and realise your own potential.
- Listen to this herBusiness interview with Cas McCullough to learn:
- How to think systematically about marketing
- The importance of seeking help and not burning yourself out with a high work load
- Why you should look for investment opportunities
- The value of seeking mentoring and business coaching
- How and why to ignore self-sabotaging beliefs about money and earning potential
- The importance of not focusing on the competition but on serving your own ideal clients
- The danger of limiting yourself
Mentioned in this episode:
This post was co-authored by Courtney Sweeney. Courtney is currently completing a journalism internship at the Australian Businesswomen’s Network. She studies journalism, political science, and public relations at Michigan State University in the United States.
Buy the Book