When we play the comparison game in business, it only leads to frustration and disappointment.
So what can you do to stay mentally strong when self-doubt creeps in?
Any time we step outside of our comfort zone, we are vulnerable to failure, to criticism, to falling flat on our face.
These feelings are made worse when we also start comparing our success and our progress with that of others.
We look at someone’s successful sales promotion and maybe we feel bad about our sales.
We look at their gazillion followers they have on social media and feel horrible about our small audience.
We see them getting opportunity after opportunity and deem ourselves not as good.
What’s wrong with me? We might ask.
Or, maybe we feel great for them.
We are happy to celebrate their success.
And while we are celebrating them, we still ask: “Why can’t I have that level of success?”
If you’ve felt that way, you’re not alone.
Listen to hear
- Why nothing compares to you
- How to move past the comparison game
- Why your unique talents and strengths might be being diminished
- The power of real statistics to show you your progress
- How to move from self-doubt into action and reflection
Also mentioned in this episode:
Here are some popular recent episodes:
- Meant for More, with Lisa Sasevich
- Playing the Inner and Outer Game of Business Success
- How to Start a Daily Journaling Habit (and What to Write About)
- How Clarity Leads to Powerful Actions
Subscribe to the HerBusiness Podcast for more great interviews with inspiring entrepreneurs.