There are literally dozens and dozens of awards being offered each year acknowledging businesses and business owners.
And being a finalist or winner can be a really awesome way to raise your profile and build your credibility.
In this episode, your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon share tips and strategies, they have personally used with great success, for finding, entering and winning awards.
FREE DOWNLOAD: Plus as a bonus resource, you can also download the 20 Must-Enter Awards For Women Business Owners overview that features a list of awards that may be worth entering this year!
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- How to use awards as a credibility builder (even if you don’t win!)
- How to choose the right awards to enter
- The big mistake most people make when they win an award that is drastically reducing the credibility and authority they could be getting from their prize.
- One tweak to all your emails that you want to make once you are a finalist or winner of an award
- How to use PR to make the most of your award win
- Why not winning the first few awards you enter is not an indication of future performance (and how one HerBusiness member went from winning “nothing” to winning so many awards she could barely keep up).
- How to better convey your value in a succinct way in your awards entries
- Why entering awards is GREAT for your sales conversations and marketing copy, even if you don’t win!
- How to extend the lifespan of your award win credibility from weeks or months to years!
- How to use your award win to have more journalists pay attention to you
- Why entering an award is a good move if you want more speaking opportunities
- How to make an awesome awards entry, even when they have super small word limits
- How to create an events calendar and give yourself enough time to make a winning entry
- How to show evidence of your success in awards applications, even when you’re not allowed to attach any extra materials or examples
- Why and when a small local award could be better for your business and your profile than a big national or international award
- One quick and easy way to find awards related to your specific industry
- How long to allow for the completion of your awards application?
- How to find and repurpose content you ALREADY have when completing your awards application
- Where to get support for your awards application – for everything from copywriters to designers and PR suppliers
- Answering the question “Is it best to have a professional writer complete the awards application?”
- The 3 things you MUST do if you want to get the best results from using a writer to help you with your awards application
- How you can use awards to celebrate your own achievements, feel acknowledged and get a surge of momentum and incentive to move forward
Also mentioned in this episode:
- FREE Download – 20 Must-Enter Awards for Women Business Owners
- Episode 57 – How to Use Seeding To Move People Forward With Your Content
- Maria Louise Anderson – Sustainable Marketing Services
- Chantel Gilbert – Bluegum Electrical Solutions
- Sonia Ferlauto – Accelerated Collection Services
- Matt Church – Thought Leaders
- Louise Lucas – The Property Education Group
- Josephine Meli – My Freight Career
- Joanne Ivy – Cranberry
- Kim Batina – Precise Business Solutions
- Boost Awards
- Frances Pratt – Kiss to Sell
- Michelle Pascoe – Optimum Operating Procedures and Services
- Think Brick Awards