Imagine having studied human and animal behaviour for decades and TRULY understanding how to motivate and encourage certain actions over others… and then imagine applying that knowledge to become a world champion in your field (many times over) and grow an online community of tens of thousands of the world’s most loyal and enthusiastic fans.
That’s exactly what our guest, Susan Garrett has done.
In today’s episode, your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon chat with Susan about what it takes to grow an amazing community, how she’s embraced Facebook LIVE and what a difference it’s made to how she connects with her community and so much more.
Also included in this episode is a bonus download from our guest – It’s the Say Yes Kindness Code, which is the code Susan shares with every member in her community to help them embrace the values and behaviours of her group. Because, as Susan says “My students are a reflection of my ability to teach.”
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- Why you can’t change your community but there is one thing you CAN change that will make a big impact on the way they respond to you
- The one question Susan always asks herself before she creates ANY piece of content
- The surprising thing Susan did to get “accidentally” have her most popular Facebook LIVE ever, gaining 40,000 views in just 3 days
- Why trying to “go viral” with your content is exhausting (and ineffective) and what you want to do instead.
- How Susan has set up her Facebook strategy, inlcuding how many groups and how often she posts content
- How you can use “codes” to encourage more of the behaviour you want to see in your community
- How to instantly make everyone in your group feel welcome and happy to be there
- The role Values play in every community and why you need to be crystal clear on what yours are
- Why you might consider deleting a post or comment from a member of your community and what to do once you delete it (important)
- Susan’s unusual launch strategy using Facebook LIVE
- The single most important thing you need to do to establish your authority in your community (and it’s not what you think)
- Why showing yourself “falling on your face” every now and then is good for your community and your authority
- The biggest mistake people make when chooseing a niche
- Exactly how many avatars you need (and why)
- Why you don’t need a lot of people in your community to make it profitable
- The reason you don’t want to go for the money, instead you want to go for the _______
- Susan’s incredibly easy and amazingly powerful Facebook LIVE content formula
- The “Open Loop” approach that will get more people watching your videos for longer
- Why you want to focus on deliberately “planting gems” in your content and how to do that
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Say Yes Kindness Code
- Susan Garrett Facebook page
- Susan Garrett website
- Susan Garrett blog
- Content Sells Podcast Episode 31 – 9 Ways To Segment Your Email List For Better Results
- Jeff Walker Product Launch Formula