2017 Hall of Fame Inductee
The Healthy Chef
- Founding Director
About Me - My Biography
Teresa Cutter is a qualified chef, trained in the classical French tradition, with over 25 years of experience. She has worked with some of Australia’s best chefs and five-star restaurants across the country. Teresa’s passion for food was rewarded early on when she won the Apprentice of the Year two years running, followed by a gold medal at the Salon Culinaire.
She is also an accredited fitness trainer with the Fitness Institute of Australia and has a certificate in Nutrition from Deakin University. When she was working as a personal trainer, she realised that so many of her clients were confused about nutrition, healthy eating, and cooking. She responded by writing four healthy cookbooks, which led to her having a regular healthy recipe column in national newspapers and making appearances on TV.
Teresa opened The Healthy Chef Café in Avalon, on the northern beaches of Sydney, in 2007. As the owner and executive chef, she was able to bring her healthy recipes to life. In 2012, she sold the company and used the funds to her The Healthy Chef line of food products, which are available on her website today. Healthy Chef food is made from whole foods, and are free of chemicals, artificial sweeteners, and fillers.
The Healthy Chef is predominately online. The site has 5.8 million visitors each year.
“I believe we have the power to change the health in our society. We can be part of the solution by choosing better quality ingredients and designing healthier recipes, and better food products that taste amazing and are actually good for us.”
Strategies for Success
- Do something you are PASSIONATE about.
- Be PERSISTENT. Never give up. When someone tells me no, it makes me even more determined to succeed.
- Be PATIENT. This is something I admit I have had to work on, as I’m very impatient. Some goals take a bit longer than others to achieve. If the doors are closed, bang a hole in the wall and build a new one where you have the key.
- Always aim to IMPROVE yourself. Learn from people that you admire and respect. There is always more to learn. I have three mentors – a medical professor, an accountant, and a lawyer.
- Have a PLAN and set GOALS. You need to know where you want to go. I set many goals – some more achievable than others. It’s fun ticking them off the list.