About Me - My Biography
I’m the Manager Integrity and Capability for a large, geographically-diverse public sector organisation with 90,000 employees delivering services across a broad range of occupations and awards.
I lead my team to, amongst other functions,:
- manage the department’s statewide ethics awareness function, which involves developing and delivering Code of Conduct, ethical decision-making, fraud and corruption control and other integrity-related training both proactively and on request
- plan, develop and deliver the department’s ethics/integrity-related communication, including profiling, messaging, campaigns and events
- provide support to disclosers under the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2010
- draft all ethics related policy instruments, frameworks, standards, guidelines, internet and intranet material, updates etc. for the department and
- undertake an internal consulting role, providing ethics and integrity advice to employees to ensure their compliance with integrity-related legislation, whole of government and departmental policy.
Over the past 25 years, I have worked in the public and third sectors in areas ranging from social policy to health, education, treasury, superannuation and business.
I have drafted, reviewed and edited countless Ministerial and executive briefing notes, state and national policy papers, Cabinet submissions and high level correspondence; as well as preparing complex strategic documents including national and state committee briefs, both pre-emptively and in response to agenda papers; Ministerial and executive positioning papers, policy instruments, frameworks, strategic plans, guidelines, research-based reports and analyses, and more.
I led the Queensland Government’s Women on Boards strategy for a year and was a board member of the Australian Businesswomen’s Network (now herBusiness) for eight years.