Hall of Fame Alumni
Sarina Russo Group
- Founder and Managing Director
Sarina Russo, Founder and Managing Director of Sarina Russo Group, employs over 1100 staff across 7 companies – Sarina Russo Schools | Australia, Sarina Russo Job Access (Australia), Sarina Russo Job Access (Great Britain), Russo Higher Education (trading as James Cook University Brisbane); Russo Recruitment, Sarina Russo Apprenticeship Services, and VOICE (Vocational, Occupational, Industrial, Clinical and Educational).
Sarina opened ‘The Office’ Business Academy (now Sarina Russo Schools | Australia) in 1979 with $2,600, nine students and two part-time staff.
Sarina Russo is an international businesswoman with a philanthropic edge, starred in both the Australian Dragons’ Den series and Dragons’ Den Around the World. Sarina is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative. Sarina is a member of the Women’s Leadership Board and the World Presidents Organisation.
Sarina is also the co-author of herbook Meet Me at the Top and host her own motivational television show ‘How to Get that Job’.
- Member of Clinton Global Initiative since 2008
- Member of the Women’s Leadership Board of the John F. Kennedy School of Government (Harvard Business School) since 2003
- Former member of Board of Directors, Challenger Financial Services (2006 – 2008)
- A member of the Leading Women Entrepreneurs World Advisory Board since 2006
- A graduate of the Harvard Business School (USA) Owner/President Management Program Youngest and first female member of the Queensland Chapter of the International Young Presidents’ Organisation (YPO) and now a member of the World Presidents’ Organisation (WPO)
- Member of the Queensland Premier’s Advisory Board since 2000
- Member of the Queensland Education and Training Export Board since 2002, Chairman and Trustee of the Jupiter’s Casino Community Benefit Fund since 1995
- Member of the Council for Multicultural Australia Board (2005 – 2006)
- Member of the Queensland Tourism Board (2002 – 2009), Member of the Lord Mayor’s Community Trust Board since 1995
- Member of the Australiana Fund, Appointed Honorary Ambassador for the City of Brisbane by the then Lord Mayor Jim Soorley in 1996
- Awarded the Multicultural Achievers Award by Queensland Government by Queensland Premier Peter Beattie in 2006
- Recipient of the Centenary Medal for distinguished service to education in 2001
- Elected by the people of Queensland as one of the Australian Republican Movement delegates to the Australian Constitution Convention in Canberra in 1998.
Strategies for Success
- Accept accountability and responsibility for your life.
- Work hard on yourself and your job – believe in yourself with passion.
- Never stop learning.
- Visualise yourself reaching a goal so clearly that you can taste your success.
- Persist. Never give up.