- Career Development and Transition Consultant
Coaching & Mentoring
My Connection Statement
I help women in leadership to reignite their inner fire and confidently chart their own more fulfilling path to peak performance and success through my Designed to Thrive 1:1 Coaching Programs.
About Me - My Biography
Hi, I’m Nada Matijevic. I’m a Career Development and Transition Practitioner and the founder of Elevate Me. I support women in leadership, senior career, professional and business women to step up into their peak potential and take control of creating more thriving lives and careers. Because women face additional career challenges that men often don’t. The traditional male success models don’t meet our needs, threaten our career health and wellbeing, and don’t help us to create a personally rewarding, meaningful and fulfilling life.
When I talk about career health and the career challenges women face, I do so because I’ve been there. I’ve felt those feelings too. I’ve spent more than 30 years studying them. And then I went about seeking answers and finding solutions, to make my own way out of the maze and to help other women do so too.
I’ve gathered some of the most effective and well-researched psychological, personality and career profiling tools in the world and combine them with my insights and experience for a powerful coaching experience. I combine my naturally creative right brain signature strengths with my left-brain analytical skills. I see things from a new perspective, see potential and possibilities and apply the strategic thinking of a career in finance, management and leadership to provide personally tailored solutions to help senior career women build their own career/life blueprints for a more thriving life.
I created ElevateMe because:
- I saw how the traditional career success models don’t allow women to thrive because they leave out the human factor. Career health and wellbeing, and unique personal needs, values wants and drivers are often overlooked.
- I realised these models don’t allow us to be ourselves, or to shine at our authentic best. That it was why so many of us are not happy with our work and why so few of us are thriving. We end up feeling stuck and trapped in roles, environments and organisations and even careers that don’t work for us.
- I saw how women lose career ground, often after stepping back in their career and trading full-time work for family-friendly flexibility. And then find it hard to regain their peak performance and career ground due to eroded self-confidence, limiting beliefs and perceptions. And through finding themselves defined by the roles they have played in the past.
- And I saw how many women end up disconnected from who they are, feeling stuck and unhappy, despite achieving a limited version of success. Because their self-identity has become so entangled in their roles and responsibilities that they no longer knew what it is they needed and wanted
I’ve faced those same career challenges and achieved my own successes in professional services, business and corporate environments before starting my own business. Making the decision to leave a well-established career wasn’t easy.
There were the highs of achieving my career goals and getting those external rewards. I loved to test my capability in new areas and to stretch myself and grow, and I loved the people development and team building aspects.
And there were the lows of realising that despite achieving my goals, I wasn’t entirely happy and had neglected my own wellbeing. In chasing other people’s goals I had lost sight of what was really important to me. And I realised that I was living with stress, anxiety and poor sleep because my work was not aligned with my values. The goals my role had me chasing weren’t personally meaningful and fulfilling, and I didn’t want to be the type of person I was pressured into becoming.
Those experiences helped shape my direction, because I realised that I value people above numbers. Now that was a big light-bulb moment for someone who originally chose a numbers-driven career path. That was another lesson about the importance of good career alignment and developing into areas that inspire and energise, rather than going against the grain into areas that drain us. It’s possible to achieve career success with both, but it’s often harder and comes at a higher price to go against the grain of who we are.
That was a big reason for doing what I’m doing now. I wanted to create a way for other career and business women to avoid and escape this trap of dysfunctional living. To help them see a better way and equip them to take control of stepping into their peak performance so they can elevate themselves in their work and career and create the life they want. So they develop a strong sense of their self-identity and not lose themselves in their roles and responsibilities.
I wanted to show other women that they can be true to themselves. And to help them create their own goals and walk their own path to a thriving life.
Creating and facilitating personalised programs for achieving a more fulfilling version of success through career health, wellbeing and whole of life planning. Supporting women to self-actualise through personal and professional development and to take control of creating the life they want to live.
Helping women to develop more confidence in their abilities so they can see greater possibilities and achieve their peak performance.
Uncovering the genius inside. Guiding the discovery of the key elements of your unique value and personal brand and the strategies to elevate yourself to your peak performance and stand out from the crowd.
- Developing emerging and established women leaders
- Unearthing what lights you up and what’s really important to you. Developing your sense of uniqueness, identifying your signature strengths, preferences, values and energizers.
- Helping you better understand and manage your energy drainers, weaknesses, stress-triggers and potential pit-falls
- Facilitating self-discovery to clarify the vision and direction for the future, for better career-alignment and strategic career planning. So you can spot opportunities and sell yourself into your ideal role
- Providing a perspective of yourself and others others so you can manage perceptions and relationships more strategically
- Providing insights to help you amplify your strengths and transferable skills and tap into unrealised potential
I do this through:
- Career Health Diagnostic and Deep Dive Discovery
- Surviving or Thriving Wellbeing Diagnostic
- Personalised 1:1 coaching and mentoring
- MBTI Type I & II Personality Type Profiling
- Strong Interest Inventory assessment for career exploration, development, enrichment or transition
- Character Strengths and Work Values Profiling to determine who you are at your best and what’s really important to you
- Use of tried and tested models for creating better-aligned and more meaningful, values-driven goals and action plans to help you to take control of designing the life you really want.
I believe that true success should enable a thriving life and be measured by the whole of life enrichment and the positive impact made in the world. My passion is to help women discover their unique genius, purpose and version of success so they can take control of charting the path for a life they will love and can thrive in.
I am at my happiest when I can put my signature strengths to work, such as:
· Connecting the dots to help others see perspective, possibility and hope for the future
· Exploring and applying new ideas; applying creative, original, outside the box thinking to solve problems
· Appreciating the uniqueness of individuals and drawing out the best in people
· Developing ideas and insights and acting as a sounding board
· Helping others to adapt to change and see opportunities from chaos when the unexpected happens
Nature, travel and exploring other countries and cultures.
Meeting and connecting with other kindred spirits.
Learning and sharing new ideas. Achievement through collaboration rather than competition.
Seeing things through a new lens and exploring new possibilities.
How I Can Help Other Members
I am happy to hear from and to connect with other members and can support members through sharing insights and experience.
I am happy to explore opportunities for collaborative projects that will be mutually beneficial where our work is aligned.
Why I Became a HerBusiness Member
I wanted to connect with a community of other business women and to have access to resources and training that were relevant to my business needs.
It is a very supportive environment for sharing successes and challenges and for getting advice and feedback.
The learning and reference resources are of a high quality and very comprehensive and responsive to member needs, helping to make the business owner journey easier.
My Member to Member Offer(s)
Members may have family or friends who are undergoing a career crisis or career cross-roads and feeling stuck and uncertain about what to do. Or they may be feeling left behind and frustrated about their lack of career progression and want to do something about it. Members can contact me to request a chat with family or friends to help them get clearer on what they can do.
The link below can also be passed on to members’ family and friends who are not entirely happy with their work/career and want to understand what’s going on so they can do something about it. The Diagnostic Quiz will guide them to reflect on and assess how they score on the 5 Key Areas of their career health and in their overall career health. It will help them to identify problem-areas and where they can make improvements.
For more information contact: