2017 Hall of Fame Inductee
- Managing Director
About Me - My Biography
Kelly Jamieson is the founder and Managing Director of Edible Blooms, a chocolate bouquet and edible flower company that delivers all across Australia.
Kelly has been nominated for and won numerous awards, including three Telstra Business Women Awards at the South Australian event in 2011 (Young, Business Owner, and State). She has been named SA Business Woman of the Year; and in 2016, she was chosen as the face of Telstra’s 2016 nationwide business technology marketing campaign, “Do Your Thing”. She is also a public speaker for events like corporate retail conferences, women’s networks and more.
12 years ago, Kelly took the plunge out of her corporate marketing career and into something entirely new. Inspired by that warm buzz you feel when you find the perfect gift for someone, she founded Edible Blooms, a chocolate bouquet and edible flower delivery service that delivers anywhere in Australia. In its first full financial year, the company sold $1 million in fresh bouquets.
Edible Blooms has blossomed into a thriving business, and now employs 50 staff from multiple locations in Australia and New Zealand.
Kelly is known throughout Australian business circles as hardworking, generous and ever-positive. She is devoted to making the world a little happier with each hand-crafted bouquet that Edible Blooms delivers every day.
Kelly is married and has two children. She runs her international business online from her farm on the Fleurieu Peninsula.
Strategies for Success
- Positive attitude. A “can do” and “yes” answer when a challenge or an opportunity arises will go a long way.
- The 90% rule. It’s important to move fast in business; so this rule means don’t wait for perfection, get your idea/new product out into the market quickly. Once it’s in the market, listen to your customers’ feedback to improve and refine it.
- Being kind. This will return dividends if you treat your team around you with kindness. I used to cringe when someone described me as “nice”, but I have learned to embrace it and enjoy when kindness is returned.
- Focus on the future. Always keep an eye on the big picture.
- Live by your values. know who you are and what you stand for. This applies both personally and in your business.