CEO and Founder
Education & Training
About Me - My Biography
Heidi Dening is an award-winning workplace wellness consultant and speaker and the Founder and CEO of Workable Wellness.
With over 20 years experience in business, education and health, she is passionate about helping organisations to design and implement tailor-made workspaces and programs that create a thriving work culture.
Heidi specialises in educating and inspiring leaders and their teams to reduce their stress levels, strengthen their resilience, boost their productivity & business potential, and improve their vitality.
She believes this will create a ripple effect of vitality, optimism and resilience in families, communities and around the globe.
Due to her long-term passion and commitment to education and wellness for all walks of society – corporate professionals, small business owners, entrepreneurs, and children living on remote islands of Vanuatu – she has received many awards including an Australia Day Merit Award and Westpac’s International Women’s Day Local Hero Award.
In 2017, she was included on the honour roll for the global #CelebratingWomen project. Heidi has been the President of the Personal Trainers Council of NSW, a board member of FitnessNSW, and is a sought-after presenter, advisor, author, coach and leader with a unique ability to bring out the best in people.
I specialise in:
1. Educating and inspiring leaders and their teams to reduce their stress levels, strengthen their resilience, boost their productivity & potential, and improve their vitality.
I do this via my leadership and staff education programs, speaking at events, my blog, and my social media channels.
2. Designing and implementing realistic strategies to build a thriving work culture within small to medium size companies. The greatest benefit of this is that workplaces then attract, enthuse and retain top talent.
3. Speaking at large conferences, small events, and at team-away days. My conference boosters inject energy and education into all types of programs.
From working with busy professionals for over 20yrs I understand that when you work and you are time-poor and stressed out, that you cannot possibly do all the things that ‘wellness experts’ expect you to do. I mean who has time to meditate, do yoga, a power walk and strength train? And that’s before you even consider trying to fit in healthy shopping and eating food that has only traveled 10Km from paddock to plate! And of course you still have to find the time to be a worthwhile family member, parent, friend, partner, colleague etc etc. I understand which messages resonate with busy professionals who can’t imagine how they can fit one more thing into their day. I know what works for them to ensure they feel more energetic and focused, so they can move towards the goals they have set for themselves. This then has a domino effect on how they perform at work.
I am passionate about increasing the resilience and vitality of professionals in their workplaces. I believe this will then create a domino effect of vitality, health & optimism in their families, communities & then around the globe.
I believe in the theory of ‘Give a person a fish and you feed them for one day. Teach a person to fish and you feed them for a lifetime.’
Often wellness programs, especially workplace wellness programs have a scatter-gun approach – a 6wk bootcamp, a 21day cleanse, a fruit bowl in the staff room, lunchtime yoga. These programs are like giving a person a fish as they do not provide long-term behaviour change. All they do is provide a tick-off for the company and a momentary feeling of improvement for the individual. I believe you need to educate people on how to make long-term behaviour changes by teaching them simple but realistic ways to improve their wellness. And it can’t just be about food and fitness. For example, learning how to sleep better and incorporating self-care principles are often left-out of the model, but in fact they are absolutely crucial to someone achieving wellness.
My interests outside of my work environment are:
- Health and wellbeing – I love to run, walk and swim in the ocean
- Friends and family – Connecting and belonging are crucial to my happiness
- Good food and wine – I save all my naughty calories for delicious vino :)
- Grand Slam Tennis – Go Rafa!
- Nature – I need to see trees, hear birds, & feel the sun on my back
- Pretty dresses – with matching shoes, handbag and lipstick of course!
How I Can Help Other Members
I can help other HerBusiness members by:
1. Tailoring in-house workshop programs specific for the strengths and challenges of your team members.
2. Speaking at your events and injecting energy and education in such a unique way that your attendees will talk about it to all their colleagues, friends and family.
3. Designing and helping you to implement a culture of wellness within your business so you attract and retain the best team members, and ensure they are engaged & productive, which will boost your bottom line.
Why I Became a HerBusiness Member
I have had businesses for the last 20yrs, and the only reason they have been successful is because of my belief in life-long learning, as well as understanding the power of being surrounded by mentors and leaders and inspirational individuals.
HerBusiness ticks all these boxes. It is the first time, in fact, that I have had a one-stop-shop!
I am completely inspired by Suzi and all the work she does, and I know that all the small steps and leaps I take, will be because of what she has created. #grateful
The marketing mastermind group has had such an incredible impact on me personally and professionally, and I look forward to a long partnership with this group, as I know they are all doing everything they can to help me reach my goals.
My Member to Member Offer(s)
20% off all Staff Workshop Programs – http://workablewellness.com.au/workshops/
20% off all Presentations and Conference Boosters for your events – http://workablewellness.com.au/presentations/
20% off all Workplace Wellness Consultancy services – http://workablewellness.com.au/workplace-wellness-strategy/