2017 Hall of Fame Inductee
Aussie Pooch Mobile
At the age of sixteen, Christine Taylor had already transformed her passion for dog care into a dog clipping and grooming service operating from her backyard. Twenty years later, her idea of a mobile hydrobath for dogs has catapulted to global success with 200 franchises around the world. Her company- Aussie Pooch Mobile- is a household name in the Australian pet industry, providing a range of services for dog lovers.
Having had enormous success in Australia, Christine expanded across shores with the launch of ‘The Pooch Mobile’ overseas, which has been similarly popular. Today, she has successful franchises in countries such as the United Kingdom, Malaysia, New Zealand, New Caledonia and the USA.
Christine’s formula for success is working towards small goals to achieve the big picture results she’s always wanted.
“Do something today to make tomorrow better. It doesn’t need to be a big thing or something that will make a huge change. It’s the small things that contribute to the big picture and help you move forward.”
Her ability to listen to customer feedback and mould her business on what people want has earned her widespread praise and recognition. Over the years, the success of the Aussie Pooch Mobile won her the 1994 Young Achiever of The Year and the 1996 Queensland Telstra Business Woman of the Year. She is also the recipient of the 2005 Australian Women in Franchising Award, and in 2012, she was inducted into the Franchising Hall of Fame.
The success of the Aussie Pooch Mobile and the woman behind it, have been recognised both nationally and internationally. Her business has been the subject of a case study co-authored by faculties at Griffith University, Australia and Harvard University, and is studied in the business and franchise degrees.
As someone who is incredibly passionate about her work, Christine abided by the belief that falling in love with what you do is the best thing you can do for your business.
Strategies for Success
- Set goals, and stay focused. Setting SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and within a Timeframe) keep you focused on where you are heading and what you want to achieve. Without goals there is no motivation to strive for more.
- Share your passion. They say if you do something you love, you will never work a day in your life. I’m a firm believer of this, and my passion is dogs and helping people achieve their dreams. My passion is behind everything I do.
- Create a team of awesome people around you. Whether this be family or staff, you need a good support system around you to help you succeed.
- Keep your feet on the ground: remember where it all began!
- Reward and thank those around you, not just your customers! Customers are obviously a big part of your business, but so are your support systems. Make sure you take the time to say thank you, and let them know how much you appreciate what they do for you.