2017 Hall of Fame Inductee
- CEO and Founder
About Me - My Biography
Author, speaker, encourager, and pioneer Bronwen Healy is the founder and CEO of the Hope Foundation, a Brisbane-based national charity that helps women with addictions and/or who are in the sex industry who want to change their lives.
Bronwen draws her motivation from a personal place – 18 years ago, she made some radical changes in her life and found her way out of drug addiction and prostitution. From there, she decided to use her past to help change other people’s futures. She wrote her first book, Trophy of Grace, and started speaking publicly about her experiences. She wanted other women to have the same opportunities for freedom and life that she had.
The Hope Foundation was established in 2006 with the goal of creating a bigger, more global outreach model. Through the foundation, Bronwen aims to create a global organisation that would let every woman who crossed their paths know that she is “loved, valued, and created with a purpose.”
Five years ago, the Hope Foundation opened up its first Hope Haven in Brisbane. The Hope Haven is a safe, drop-in space for women who want to change their lives from addictions or the sex industry. The Hope Foundation also hosts outreach events every year for Valentine’s Day and Christmas in July. The Hope Foundation’s support team offers women help through phone, email, text, in-person and on Facebook to women all over Australia. They also offer prayer support, a prison PenPal program and much, much more.
Bronwen believes that “no dream is impossible.” She hopes that she can encourage others with her story and experiences. She loves public speaking and is grateful to be able to do so in so many different areas and for so many different audiences. She has spoken for school children, business leaders, other visionaries and more.
Strategies for Success
- Be brave. You are the only you ever created.
- Take risks. At the end of the day, it’s only yourself that you have to look in the mirror – you want to be proud of the choices you’ve made!
- Build your team wisely. Have good, honest and smart people on your team. People who love the vision and care about you as a person as much as you care about them.
- Keep growing. Don’t ever stop reaching for more wisdom and more knowledge – be adaptable and never stop growing!
- Always dream another dream. As you grow and change, so will your dreams – keep dreaming BIG and wild dreams and then do them. The world needs us to.