Society values the image of the stressed-out businessperson – as if the dark circles under their eyes are proof of how hard they’re working. As a result, far too many of us (especially small business owners) neglect our sleep. But when we tell ourselves that shaving a few hours from our sleep is a sacrifice we have to make to be successful, we’re deceiving ourselves. Science has shown, and continues to show, that getting enough sleep is crucial for our health, happiness and performance.
In this episode of HerBusiness, Suzi Dafnis interviews co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post Arianna Huffington about her new book, The Sleep Revolution: Transforming Your Life, One Night at a Time.
Listen in to hear more about:
- Cultural delusions around sleep and success
- How lack of sleep affects women in specific
- How to start prioritising sleep
- Jawbone’s sleep study macro data
- Why we wake up in the middle of the night, and how to stop it from happening
- Identifying signs of chronic sleep deprivation
Buy the Book