Often, when people start talking about SEO it can sound like they are speaking another language. And with all the rules changing around what Google sees as valuable content, do we really need to be focusing on SEO anymore?
In this episode of the Content Sells Podcast, your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon speak with SEO and Copywriting expert Kate Toon of The Clever Copywriting School as she de-mystifies SEO, answers the question whether it’s still relevant, and also shares how we can be making best use of search-friendly content to create more leads, attract more of our ideal clients and grow our businesses.
Plus, included in this episode is a free download, with compliments of Kate Toon – 20 Great SEO Content Tips.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- Why SEO Copywriting is not as much of a “thing” anymore and what you need to be doing instead
- How Kate gets hundreds of qualified leads and readers a month without doing ANY paid advertising
- The very first thing you need to do to optimise your content and be found by your ideal prospects
- Which is better – frequent short blog posts or less frequent longer posts?
- How to update content that is already performing well on search engines without losing valuable SEO “juice”
- How to find and use the right keywords (and why that’s only a small part of the picture these days)
- How Kate repurposes one blog post into multiple pieces of content, all driving traffic back to her site
- How to tell Google you are “lovable” by getting people to stay on your site longer
- How to figure out how much time you should be spending on creating any one piece of content
Also mentioned in this episode: