In this herBusiness Podcast interview author of Marketing: A Love Story, Bernadette Jiwa, shares her strategies for meaningful marketing, marketing that gains customer loyalty and shows your customers that they really matter to you.
Bernadette is an experienced marketing strategist, helping businesses tap into the essence of their idea to make it personally resonate with customers. In her book, she tries to get readers thinking about not just simply making products, but making products that people will love.
Bernadette advises that if you want to create products people will love, it is essential to understand the people that you’re creating the products for. She says that tapping into “how your product or services makes others feel”, will ultimately instruct you on how best to delight your customers.
Bernadette highlights the importance of caring about the people you want to serve; if you truly care about a customer’s needs, you’ll create a product that people keep coming back to.
Listen to this herBusiness interview with Bernadette Jiwa to learn:
- How to generate customer loyalty
- The importance of content marketing: it creates a sense of community by giving customers vital and helpful information that they can benefit from
- How to tap into your customer base
- Why fostering a sense of belonging with your product or service will keep bringing customers back
- How to make your ideas translate to value for people in a marketplace
- Why understanding what your customers really want will keep them coming back for more
- Which story to tell when selling your story to customers
- How to unlock the value in your business story and translate it into marketing that appeals to people
This post was co-authored by Yenee Saw. Yenee is currently completing a content marketing internship at the Australian Businesswomen’s Network. She studies Arts/Law at the University of New South Wales.
Did you enjoy this episode? Do us a favour…
Did you enjoy this episode? We’d love for you to review this podcast on iTunes! (Click ‘View in iTunes’, then ‘Write a Review’ at the bottom of the page.)
Subscribe on iTunes and get new episodes automatically:
Buy the Book