There’s almost nothing we love more than a content marketing campaign that really converts! One of the first things you need to make that happen is a strong hook that is going to immediately get people’s attention.
Whether that’s for a Facebook ad, an email subject line, the topic of your lead magnet, your sales video, your webinar, your YouTube video… you get the picture… you need a catchy idea that is going to be relevant and interesting and attract the attention and curiosity of your IDEAL clients enough to get them clicking the link or watching the video or opening the email or whatever it is you want them to do next.
But great hooks don’t always just pop into your mind – sometimes it takes a bit of work to come up with a good hook and that’s what we want to help you with.
In this episode your hosts, Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon, share 6 ideas to give you inspiration for your hooks.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- Why a hook is not a headline (but a headline can contain your hook)
- How to use the language your customers give you to make your hooks better
- Why a “flabby tummy” is better than a “fat stomach”
- How to ask provocative questions to appeal to your audience (and the one “beginner mistake” that will make your question hook a non-starter)
- The 5 thought-starter prompts for a question type of hook
- How to use statistics to get attention (even if you don’t have any statistics of your own)
- How to borrow from global stories and thought leaders to create powerful hooks
- How to use humour to get more people clicking
And much more.
Also mentioned in this episode: