Click to download the interview
In this herBusiness podcast interview with the author of Conscious Marketing: How to Create an Awesome Business With a New Approach to Marketing, Carolyn Tate shares her marketing philosophy.
Carolyn, with her many years of experience as a marketing executive, has paved the path for a whole new method of marketing. Striving to bring mindfulness and awareness to business practices, Carolyn is an advocate for conscious marketing. A big believer in profit being a by-product rather than a single-minded goal, Carolyn advises that businesses should recalibrate their reasoning so that their goal is primarily to do good, and to not just make profits.
She shares how marketing today has gone awry, with most marketing being “mass unconscious binge promotions”. Instead, Carolyn instructs businesses to build “something so good and so compelling into the heart of your business so it attracts the best people”.
Listen to this herBusiness interview with Carolyn Tate to learn:
- How to get people absolutely on board with your product or service
- Reinvent how you market (instead of using fear and manipulation to drive your marketing)
- How to co-create services and products with customers
- Why building your business on purpose is more helpful, than building it on profits
- How to meet the needs of what people need in the marketplace
- Why you should trust your own intuition
- How to learn by doing; evaluating what works and what doesn’t and then fine-tuning
- Why you should take a ‘less is more’ attitude to promoting
- How to transition from being competitive to collaborative
This post was co-authored by Yenee Saw. Yenee is currently completing a content marketing internship at the Australian Businesswomen’s Network. She studies Arts/Law at the University of New South Wales.
Buy the Book