To build an EPIC business today you need to connect in more meaningful ways with your customers than you EVER have before… and one of THE most powerful ways to do that is to tell your STORIES.
In this episode your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon talk to Valerie Khoo, author of Power Stories and CEO and founder of the Australian Writers’ Centre about powerful ways to share your stories as part of your content marketing strategy. How do you find your stories? Where should you share them and how can you use them to influence followers and convert customers?
It’s all in this episode… along with the opportunity to access a brand new content writing course from Valerie and her team at the Australian Writers’ Centre.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- The most under-utilised tool in your small business arsenal
- How to use stories to demonstrate your “care factor” and bring your customers closer to you
- How to harness the power of your story with one sentence
- Why you need to be telling your “Passion” story (and an example of Val’s Passion Story)
- How to go from a “swirl” of ideas to a fully fledged, powerful story
- How to find relevance in your story for your audience
- The one story you need to tell succinctly when you first meet a new customer
- The single biggest mistake almost all small businesses make on their “About” page on their website
- The 3 parts to a customer story that distinguish it from “just another testimonial”
- How “The Biggest Loser” TV show can teach you to write AMAZING customer stories
- The 3 ingredients you need to include to tell your customer stories successfully
- How to make your stories easier to share and, importantly, easier for others to tell on your behalf
- The very first place you should be sharing your customer stories (and it’s not what you might think)
- Ways to tell stories about your product that your audience will love
- How Val used the power of storytelling to sell a 2 year old Bunnings outdoor furniture set on eBay that could change everything about the way you market YOUR products
- The simple piece of advice about your product stories that saves you having to make it “whizz bang” and just gets you started!
Also mentioned in this episode: