The humble subject line might only be a few words, but it is actually one of the most important pieces of content we create in our email marketing.
Getting even a small bump in open rates for your emails puts so many more people into your marketing efforts. So, getting those subject lines working is really a high leverage activity. Make just a few tweaks and you could have a big impact on your bottom line.
In today’s episode, hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon look at 8 of their favourite types of subject lines and share examples.
Plus, included in this episode is a bonus download – The 8 Subject Lines That Will Get Your Emails Opened Cheat Sheet
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- The one tweak a cruise ship company made to their subject line to get a massive boost in open rates
- Emoji’s in subject lines – yes or no?
- The worst thing you can do to break trust with your email readers and why it kills your open rates
- Why you want to have the most important part of your message at the start of your subject line
- Why your subject line is like a headline for your email
- The single conversion job of your subject lines
- How solving a problem with your subject line gets more opens
- Suzi Dafnis’s favourite type of subject line
- The one subject line type you can always use as a fallback option
- Do you write your subject line or your email copy first?
- How to avoid urgency fatigue with your subject lines
- When and how to use social proof in your email subject lines
- The power of the rant – and why you want to start in your subject line
Also mentioned in this episode: