The average person in business sends and receives an average of 122 emails per day. That’s a lot of email content competing for attention in your customer’s inbox! And as competition has stepped up, so too has the innovation and the rate of change in terms of what’s working and what’s not in Email Marketing.
In this episode of the Content Sells Podcast, your hosts Suzi Dafnis and Michelle Falzon give you their take on 4 of the big email trends they think you really need to be aware of in 2016…the good, the bad and the ugly.
Plus, included in this episode is a free download – 5 Up-To-Date Ways To Get More of Your Emails Read.
Listen to this episode to hear more about:
- The top 4 trends you need to be embracing to improve your email marketing results
- The reason why, despite what many marketing experts say, you need to be collecting first name at optin
- The one tweak you can make to your subject lines to improve open rates
- What we REALLY think of Emojis (the answer may surprise you)
- The big change you need to make to your calls to action to ensure they work on mobile devices
- The significant shift in the way people use email on their mobile devices – and why understanding this can improve your results
- Why personalisation is so much more than including someone’s name in your emails
- The case study that shows how one innovative marketer created personalised videos for every person attending their event – and the tool they used to do create more than 60 videos in less than 90 minutes.
- The “WOW” moment an NYC florist created for purchasers using an innovative approach to email
- The fascinating study that reveals personalising our emails helps our customers feel more in control
- What you need to be automating, and why
- How to make your emails more visual
- Animated .gifs… good, bad or ugly?
- And much more…
Also mentioned in this episode:
- Litmus Email Testing Tool
- Eyejot Video Tool
- Campaign Monitor Email Trends Report
- Cocktail Party Effect
- How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Bouqs “Meet Farmer Andre” video
- University of Texas Study – Personalisation
- Survey Monkey
- Content Sells Episode 8 – How To Create a New Client Nurture Email Campaign
- Active Campaign
- Capsule CRM
- Animated .gifs Examples